Irish Culture in San Antonio
- The Irish Cultural Society of San Antonio Promoting awareness of Irish Culture throughout the River City
- Ancient Order of Hibernians America's oldest Irish Catholic Fraternal Organization
- Scottish Society of San Antonio For the local preservation of Scottish customs, traditions, and culture
- Blaggards Stout Irish Rock: traditional Irish music mixed with rock n' roll
- Joe Walmsley Acoustic Singer/Songwriter and a regular performer at Waxy O'Connor's on the Riverwalk
- San Antonio Pipes and Drums Traditional bagpipe band music
- Black Bexar Pipe Band Not just Scottish music, but other Celtic areas such as Ireland
- Celtic Texas Great Celtic Music, and they look great in Kilts
- Sally’s Garden A local Celtic band featuring Irish Music, San Antonio, TX
- Doc Grauzer Irish Harpist and storyteller from Austin
- Gravel Walk A Celtic Band from Corpus Christi
Sports & Dance
- Inishfree School of Irish Dancing Under the direction of Neill Reagan
- San Antonio Gaelic Athletics Club Bringing to Gaelic Athletics, including Gaelic Football and Hurling, to Bexar County
- San Antonio Highland Games Association Bagpipes and cabers in Alamo City, since 1998
- Scottish Highland Dancing (Email) Instructor: May Beth Klein
- The Lion & Rose A local chain of pubs serving Irish & British fare - Proud sponsors of H+S
- Waxy O'Connor's Popular Irish Pub on the River Walk- Proud sponsors of H+S
- Olmos Pharmacy Stop in for "Trad Night" to enjoy traditional Irish music every Thursday
- Beethoven Maennerchor Host to many Irish cultural events for Harp + Shamrock
- Francis Bogside Gastropub featuring classic cocktails, craft beer & Irish pub food.
- Brigid Contemporary American fare using local ingredients. Named for the Celtic word meaning “high” or “exalted.”
News & Views
- The Irish Echo Largest circulation Irish American weekly newspaper
- Irish Central Irish American media site
- Irish Voice From the makers of Irish Central, a weekly Irish American publication
- Irish themed gifts Offering our members and friends a 20% discount. Use code IRISH when checking out to receive the discount.
- Sports Kilts A man in a kilt is a man and a half!
- Run Wild Sports A healthy lifestyle business, locally owned and operated.
- Irish Goat MultiSport Personal Trainer and Coach. Making this the Year of the Goat. Visit www.irishgoat.com to schedule an appointment.
- Soler's Sports Local running, cycling and triathlon store since 1989
- GLI Distributing Distributor of Guinness, Harp and other fine Irish beverages
- Highland X Press Scottish & Irish Gifts
A project of the National Tourism Development Authority of Ireland
Just three blocks from the Alamo is an area known as the Irish Flats. The residential community was home to both Irish and German immigrants who came to the area between 1830 and 1860.